UnityPoint Helath Meriter presents this complimentary, quarterly recurring conference, designed to create an educational forum in which primary care providers present cases of patients with complex pain to a multidisciplinary medical team.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 0700 - 0830
McConnell Hall Classroom 9
124 S Brooks St
Madison WI 5371
The team consists of specialists in:
- Addiction Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Therapy Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Primary Care
The team will offer patient-specific recommendations for
- Opioid and non-opioid medication management
- Psychiatric and/or behavioral-health factors and treatment pathways, including addiction treatment
- Physical therapy and other movement therapies
- The use of interventional and non-interventional pain-blocking therapies
Patient identifiers will be removed so that other providers can attend the case presentations and learn the team’s recommendations for controlling pain and improving function.
This conference is designed to support providers’ efforts to develop multi-modal, pain management plans for their complex, chronic pain patients.
Providers on the May 22nd team include:
- Alaa Abd-Elsayed, MD, MPH, Medical Director, UW Health Pain Services; Medical Director, UW Pain Clinic
- Ellen Braatz, DPT – Physical Therapy, UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- John Ewing, MD – Addiction Medicine, NewStart – UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- Jennifer George, PharmD – Pharmacy, UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- Jared Greenberg, MD - Interventional Spine and Rehabilitation, UnityPoint Health-Meriter
- Jim Shropshire, MD, Primary Care – Conference Moderator, UnityPoint Health-Meriter, Chair of the Ambulatory Chronic Pain Committee
- Ketty Thertus, MD – Psychiatry, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, UW School of Medicine and Public Health,
The conference will recur quarterly (September 11 and November 20). Team members may vary. If you would like to present a case at a future conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference is generously funded by the UnityPoint Health-Meriter Foundation.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION UnityPoint Health - Meriter is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT UnityPoint Health - Meriter designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity